Eating foods rich in Omega 3 is one great means of stating healthy. Omega 3 fatty acids have been in the spotlight for many years now, following studies upon studies showing that these healthy fats can lower risks of heart and brain problems. Not only that, because of their anti-inflammatory properties, Omega 3 fatty acids may also reduce joint pains.
Because of these benefits, you might have wished these essential fatty acids are produced by the body itself. Unfortunately, they are not. You will need to obtain them from foods rich in Omega 3 if you wish to make them your partner in your journey to a healthier you.
So what are these foods with the highest levels of Omega 3? Here are some of your top choices:
- Fish, especially freshly caught wild salmon. Four ounces of cooked freshly caught wild salmon which contains 1.2 grams of Omega 3 fatty acids already meets the daily requirements of at least 1 gram for Omega 3 for healthy people). Halibut and tuna are also good sources of Omega 3.
- Seafoods. Seafoods like shrimp, krill, and scallops contain high levels of Omega 3 fatty acids, too. But as much as possible, eat them baked, broiled or steamed, not fried because frying strips these foods of the essential nutrients.
- Walnuts. English walnuts, black walnuts, and white walnuts are excellent sources of Omega -3. You only need one fourth cup of walnuts or three teaspoons of walnut oil to meet the daily requirements of Omega 3.
- Flaxseeds and Flaxseed oil. One tablespoon of flaxseeds or its oil not only makes a great addition to your salad dishes but goes a long way in preventing heart disease and brain problems. Flaxseed has to be consumed within the month of its opening, so if you are just going to use one tablespoon every day, it wouldn’t make sense to buy a big bottle now, would it?
- Other plant sources. Broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, squash, herbs like oregano and soy products also contain Omega 3 fatty acids.
Despite fish being a great source of these good fats, doctors recommend that one eats fish only twice or at most three times a week. There is the danger that the fish might be contaminated with heavy metals, the reason why experts would like to keep consumption of fish to a minimum.
As an alternative to fish (since you cannot eat it everyday), experts recommend Omega 3 supplements or fish oil with Omega 3. But you have to be very cautious when shopping for supplements as there are quite a lot of scammers out there. Don’t buy in haste. Make time to read the label because that’s where you are bound to discover many things about the supplement. What you need to look out for in particular are:
- DHA/EPA content. These are two critical types of Omega 3 fatty acids, the types that offer more health benefits.
- Pharmaceutical grade. This is the grade given to supplements that have passed pharmaceutical standards of quality.
- Molecular distilled. This ensures that the supplement has been processed to remove all possible contaminants.
Omega-3 supplements are good alternatives to foods rich in Omega 3 but only if they are of the highest quality and taken with the correct dosage.
Check Our Recommended Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements Below:
|Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is the purest in the world. It is the freshest available. Even though there are no additives or flavoring to mask rancidity you will not get ‘repeats’ or ‘burping’ because of the freshness. Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil has in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of ‘normal’ fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil. DHA is the most valuable ‘known’ component of fish oil. Xtend-Life’s DHA Fish oil has high levels of DHA, plus an ‘X’ factor you can read about here. If you really want to know, you should click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil...|
|Xtend-Life's Omega-3 / DHA Fish Oil Premium will help provide you with the ideal foundation on which youthful, healthy skin can be built, thus naturally improving your appearance from the inside out and complementing natural skin care products which work on the skin’s upper layers as well as the layers just under the skin. Click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil Premium...|
|Xtend Life's Omega 3 QH Ultra protect your heart and increase your energy with Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10. Also receive all the benefits of natural and concentrated omega 3 fish oils. Omega 3 QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs. Click here to read more about Omega 3 QH Ultra...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world. Buy Xtend Life here!