You might be wondering if there is such a thing as ideal Omega 3 fish oil dosage. Actually that depends on the purpose why you are taking fish oil in the first place. Fish oil helps in the maintenance of well being, in which case 500 mgs of Omega 3 daily could be sufficient. However, since Omega 3 is also used in the treatment of a range of conditions, including, heart disease, high cholesterol levels, arthritis, depression, skin disorders, asthma, diabetes and hypertension, the dosage needs to be adjusted accordingly.
For instance, people with heart problems just like angina, for instance, need 2,000 mgs of fish oil, 3 times a day. Individuals with irregular heart beat needs to take 1,000 mgs of fish oil three times a day, so must the hypertensive individuals. 1,000 mg of Omega 3 three times a day brings relief to asthmatic patients, and individuals suffering from eczema, gout and stroke. For chronic conditions like diabetes and lupus, the recommended Omega 3 fish oil dosage is 2,000 mgs three times a day.
Before taking Omega 3, be smart enough to consult your doctor first. Keep in mind that in the midst of Omega 3’s positive reviews, it does come with side effects that may be life-threatening to certain individuals. One potentially hazardous side effect is bleeding. Because Omega 3 may affect blood clotting, it should not be taken by people who have bleeding problems to begin with, and by those who are scheduled for some sort of surgery.
Also, before taking Omega 3, do some paper works to find out more about Omega 3 and establish the credibility of the supplement you are about to take. Some specific things to look out for are the following:
- EPA-DHA ratio is 1:5. Many supplements do not indicate how much EPA and DHA are contained in a capsule, and that is not good enough.
- Enteric coated. Enteric coatings help to eliminate the fishy after taste which is a huge turn-off.
- Purity of the fish oil. Pure fish oil supplements are supplements that have been molecularly distilled to remove all traces of toxins and contaminants.
- Pharmaceutical grade. Fish oil supplements that are labeled pharmaceutical grade suggest that they have passed the quality standards set by regulating agencies.
- Fish source. Be wary of supplements that do not disclose everything on the label. Credible brands always specify the source of the fish oil. Specifically look for fish oil that comes from Hoki fish – it’s one of the best choices out there as it contains high levels of EPA and DHA.
- Additives. Some additional ingredients, like antioxidants, are good as they make your Omega-3 supplements more health-beneficial, but watch out for ingredients like Vitamins A and D because high levels of these can be toxic, and could make a turn for the worse.
If you are interested on purchasing Omega 3 supplements, you should first check some Guides and Tips on Buying Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements – they’re all over the World Wide Web, and beyond. And of course, you should not forget to have an appointment with your doctor to be further evaluated and prescribed with the ideal omega 3 fish oil dosage.
Check Our Recommended Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements Below:
|Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is the purest in the world. It is the freshest available. Even though there are no additives or flavoring to mask rancidity you will not get ‘repeats’ or ‘burping’ because of the freshness. Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil has in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of ‘normal’ fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil. DHA is the most valuable ‘known’ component of fish oil. Xtend-Life’s DHA Fish oil has high levels of DHA, plus an ‘X’ factor you can read about here. If you really want to know, you should click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil...|
|Xtend-Life's Omega-3 / DHA Fish Oil Premium will help provide you with the ideal foundation on which youthful, healthy skin can be built, thus naturally improving your appearance from the inside out and complementing natural skin care products which work on the skin’s upper layers as well as the layers just under the skin. Click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil Premium...|
|Xtend Life's Omega 3 QH Ultra protect your heart and increase your energy with Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10. Also receive all the benefits of natural and concentrated omega 3 fish oils. Omega 3 QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs. Click here to read more about Omega 3 QH Ultra...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world. Buy Xtend Life here!