Omega 3 fatty acids are considered to be one of the greatest discoveries in the field of health and science. Even though omega 3 has been a part of people’s diet decades ago, it was only during the 1970’s that people realized their importance to health. Consuming large portions of these fatty acids help with the normal metabolism of the body. It also contributes to proper growth and functioning of the body. Indigents living in Greenland have been consuming large amounts of omega 3. They claim that the fatty acids have health benefits. It was not until the year 2004 that these health benefits were legally recognized.
What are the benefits of Omega 3?
- Cancer patients benefit from taking in omega 3 oils. It doesn’t have a direct link to preventing cancer, but it helps improve the quality of life of the patients. A proper intake of fish meat and fish oil rich in omega 3 will improve the appetite and the overall weight. It helps patients maintain their muscle mass.
- People with bouts of depression who take omega 3 rich foods or supplements have shown improvement in their moods. They become livelier and happier.
- Pregnant women need a higher dosage of omega 3 especially since their demands for it increase. The baby benefits the most from the fatty acids. Brain cells respond well to omega 3, thus promoting the development of the baby’s brain and cognitive function.
- Some cardiovascular diseases can be prevented with proper intake of omega 3 fatty acids. Studies show that regular consumption of omega 3 rich foods and supplements can curb cholesterol-induced diseases. It can reduce the occurrence of heart attack.
- Intake can help improve blood circulation and prevents increased blood pressure.
- Omega 3 fish oil provides a promising benefit for children with autism or hyperactivity disorders. Regular and proper intake of the fatty acid can help reduce the symptoms of children suffering from hyperactivity disorders.
- Research suggests that people suffering with joint disorders like rheumatoid arthritis can benefit greatly from intake of omega 3. Omega 3 is a known anti-inflammatory substance, thus reducing arthritic pain.
The benefits of omega 3 fish fatty acids are important. However, over-dosage of omega 3 can also prove to be dangerous and can place people at risk. Here are some side effects of taking excessive fish oil doses:
- Haemorrhage and bleeding leading to stroke
- Increased low-density lipoproteins or LDL levels
- Increased levels of vitamin D leading to toxicity
- Poor control and maintenance of glucose levels in diabetics
- Poisoning due to contaminated fish meat and fish oil with mercury, lead and other toxins
Sources of Omega 3:
- Cod fish/cod liver oil
- Seafood like prawns and shrimps
- Green, leafy vegetables
- Wheat and other cereals
- Lean meat like turkey meat
Omega 3 has so many benefits that have been confirmed by a lot of people who regularly use it. Regular consumption of the fatty acidsproves to be beneficial in the long run. However, take into consideration the adverse effects once omega 3 is taken in excess. Omega 3 fatty acids are healthy and helpful especially when taken in appropriate amounts.
Check Our Recommended Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements Below:
|Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is the purest in the world. It is the freshest available. Even though there are no additives or flavoring to mask rancidity you will not get ‘repeats’ or ‘burping’ because of the freshness. Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil has in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of ‘normal’ fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil. DHA is the most valuable ‘known’ component of fish oil. Xtend-Life’s DHA Fish oil has high levels of DHA, plus an ‘X’ factor you can read about here. If you really want to know, you should click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil...|
|Xtend-Life's Omega-3 / DHA Fish Oil Premium will help provide you with the ideal foundation on which youthful, healthy skin can be built, thus naturally improving your appearance from the inside out and complementing natural skin care products which work on the skin’s upper layers as well as the layers just under the skin. Click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil Premium...|
|Xtend Life's Omega 3 QH Ultra protect your heart and increase your energy with Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10. Also receive all the benefits of natural and concentrated omega 3 fish oils. Omega 3 QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs. Click here to read more about Omega 3 QH Ultra...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world. Buy Xtend Life here!