Identifying and getting familiar with omega 3 side effects are part of learning about omega 3. True, omega 3 has countless health benefits, but there are also some things to consider. Since the human body does not synthesize omega 3, fish and other food items are natural sources. However, not all people are motivated to eat fish meat and vegies. There are also vegetarians who would prefer taking supplements.
Omega 3 fatty acid supplements are also good sources of the fatty acid. There are naturally-derived supplements and there are those that have chemical components. Natural and organic sources of omega 3 pose no risk or side effects. Other supplements that are chemically-made oftentimes pose health risks if they are not taken properly. Less is more, but sometimes, more is not always good. Omega 3 supplements can cause adverse side effects.
Side Effects of Omega 3 Supplements
- Diabetic patients should take omega 3 fish oil supplements with caution. Before purchasing any supplement, check first with the doctor. Fish oil supplements are found to be beneficial for people with diabetes. However, in some unfortunate cases, fish oil induces the production of glucose in the body. Counteracting this effect could be as easy as having vigorous exercise daily.
- Unknown to some consumers, some fish oil contain mercury or lead. These toxic chemicals can cause systemic effects in the body. It can cause mercurial and lead poisoning which causes symptoms like nausea, dizziness and vomiting. In selecting supplements, make sure to choose the purified and all-natural ones.
- Another one of the omega 3 side effects is toxic vitamin D levels. A type of fish oil that is abundant in vitamin D is cod liver oil. Omega 3 supplements made from cod liver oil thus have high vitamin D levels. Intake of these supplements can pose a threat for vitamin D toxicity. A way to avoid this is to stop taking vitamin D supplements.
- Taking omega 3 fish oil supplements together with anti-clotting medications can pose bleeding tendencies. Omega 3 fatty acids are known to help thin the blood. This will increase the chances of getting stroke or bleeding disorders. Other signs of bleeding include black stools, fresh blood in stools and easy bruising.
- Low quality fish oil omega 3 supplements can cause bad breath or a fishy odor. Some report a fishy after-taste after ingestion. Choosing a high quality fish oil supplement will prevent this side effect.
- Allergic reactions can also occur with supplements. Symptoms include wheezing, rashes, hives and swelling.
Also some of the minor side effects of Omega 3 are:
- Intestinal gas and belching
Omega 3 fish oil supplements have their uses and benefits. They are good for maintaining health, but in excess, could lead to some adverse reactions. The different signs and symptoms mentioned above are side effects that could happen when there is overdose or misuse of the omega 3 supplements. The best way to prevent these side effects from ever happening is to check with a doctor. Like any other disease, preventing the occurrence of omega 3 side effects is better than finding the cure.
Check Our Recommended Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements Below:
|Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is the purest in the world. It is the freshest available. Even though there are no additives or flavoring to mask rancidity you will not get ‘repeats’ or ‘burping’ because of the freshness. Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil has in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of ‘normal’ fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil. DHA is the most valuable ‘known’ component of fish oil. Xtend-Life’s DHA Fish oil has high levels of DHA, plus an ‘X’ factor you can read about here. If you really want to know, you should click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil...|
|Xtend-Life's Omega-3 / DHA Fish Oil Premium will help provide you with the ideal foundation on which youthful, healthy skin can be built, thus naturally improving your appearance from the inside out and complementing natural skin care products which work on the skin’s upper layers as well as the layers just under the skin. Click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil Premium...|
|Xtend Life's Omega 3 QH Ultra protect your heart and increase your energy with Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10. Also receive all the benefits of natural and concentrated omega 3 fish oils. Omega 3 QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs. Click here to read more about Omega 3 QH Ultra...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world. Buy Xtend Life here!