Omega 3 oils have slowly crept their way to the list of supplements people need for a healthier body. Clinical studies were conducted to verify the claims behind the wonders of omega 3 fatty acids and their benefits for the health. Omega 3 is one of the essential fatty acids that are not produced in the body. In order for the body to receive its needed dose, you have to get omega 3 from other sources.
Sources of Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
- Fish sources: salmon, tuna, flounder, sardines and halibut
- Seeds: flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, hemp seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Scallops and other marine sources
- Vegetable sources: soybeans, purslane, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach and leeks
- Grain sources: oats and wheat
- Chicken, eggs and beef sources
- Fruit sources: avocado, strawberry and raspberries
Omega 3 Fatty Acid Benefits:
- It can help prevent breast pain and painful menstrual periods.
- Since omega 3 is a fatty acid, it crosses the barrier to the brain, thus it is one of the known nutrients that the brain needs. Frequent consumption can help reduce the occurrence of depression, psychosis and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). New studies suggest that taking omega 3 could help prevent aging-related memory impairment, but does not prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- It promotes cardiovascular health. Religious intake of omega 3 fatty acids can help prevent heart attack, atherosclerosis and arrhythmias.
- It is a known blood thinning chemical, thus preventing stroke and other conditions related to clotting.
- Intake is also known to prevent cancer, Huntington’s disease and lupus.
- Omega 3 oilshelp speed up the metabolism of the body, promoting weight loss.
- It also prevents the chances of obesity.
- It can help in reducing the triglyceride and cholesterol levels of the body. This can help prevent high blood pressure.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It can reduce the chances of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis.
- It helps control diabetes as it reduces the blood sugar and triglyceride levels of the body.
- It is a great nutrient for pregnant women and their babies. It reduces the chances of preeclampsia and postpartum blues. Omega 3 also helps in the development of the baby’s brain.
Aside from the benefits, there are also adverse effects of omega 3 fatty acids that you should look out for.
- Allergic reaction that manifest in signs and symptoms of difficulty of breathing, wheezing and rashes.
- Minor side effects like vomiting, nausea, abdominal gas and diarrhea. It also causes heartburn and bloating.
- Bleeding tendencies when taken with blood-thinning medications. Look out for bruises and black stools.
- Lead and mercurial toxicity due to contaminated fish meat.
- Vitamin toxicity
Omega 3 is a nutrient needed by the body for many health reasons. It has many uses but it also poses risks and threats that should be considered. Current medical conditions should be taken into account before loading your body with omega 3 fatty acids. Stay away from synthetic supplements. Go natural and organic. Omega 3 oils that are derived naturally offer more health benefits and produce fewer adverse reactions, for your optimum health.
Check Our Recommended Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements Below:
|Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is the purest in the world. It is the freshest available. Even though there are no additives or flavoring to mask rancidity you will not get ‘repeats’ or ‘burping’ because of the freshness. Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil has in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of ‘normal’ fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil. DHA is the most valuable ‘known’ component of fish oil. Xtend-Life’s DHA Fish oil has high levels of DHA, plus an ‘X’ factor you can read about here. If you really want to know, you should click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil...|
|Xtend-Life's Omega-3 / DHA Fish Oil Premium will help provide you with the ideal foundation on which youthful, healthy skin can be built, thus naturally improving your appearance from the inside out and complementing natural skin care products which work on the skin’s upper layers as well as the layers just under the skin. Click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil Premium...|
|Xtend Life's Omega 3 QH Ultra protect your heart and increase your energy with Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10. Also receive all the benefits of natural and concentrated omega 3 fish oils. Omega 3 QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs. Click here to read more about Omega 3 QH Ultra...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world. Buy Xtend Life here!