The vegetarian omega 3 diet is the answered prayer of, well, vegetarians. Omega 3 is a healthy fat that provides the body with good benefits. The human body cannot produce this essential fatty acid on its own, which is why nature provides it. It is commonly present in fish oil. However, since vegetarians have sworn off eating any type of meat, there are other sources of omega3 fatty acids aside from fish.
Below is a list of several other food sources that are highly abundant in ALA or alpha-linoleic acid, a form of omega 3 fatty acid.
- A common source of omega 3 is flaxseed and flaxseed oil. Other oils that are sought after for their ALA content are walnut oil, soybean oil, and linseed oil. You can add these oils to your diet by using them as dressings for salads.
- Chia seeds and hemp seeds also contain a high value of omega 3. You can sprinkle these seeds over salads, dips and stir fried dishes. Hemp seeds are rich in other polyunsaturated fatty acids, minerals and protein.
- Cauliflower is a healthy and good-tasting vegetable that is abundant in vitamins and minerals. What a lot of people don’t know is that it also contains omega 3 fatty acids. It is definitely a treat for the heart!
- Brussel sprouts and purslane are green leafy vegies that are also packed with omega 3 and other nutrients.
- Hummus is derived from sesame seeds which are also loaded with minerals, is a good source of the essential fatty acid.
The reason why vegetarian omega 3 food items are sought after is because of the fact that they are packed with essential nutrients. They are health boosters. Omega 3 is a healthy fat that promotes proper blood circulation and reduces the possibility of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. It boosts the immune system and prevents infection, at the same time, it has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Omega 3 in the right amount can give the body an extra energy boost. Since it is a healthy kind of fat, it also plays a role in fat metabolism. It also balances out the amount of bad fats in the body. This essential fatty acid is known to coat brain cells which improve impulse transmission. By consuming the right amount of omega 3, you can prevent and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s or dementia. Aside from the cognitive benefits, it is also known to decrease the chances of getting depressed.
However, too much of a good thing can also be bad. In some instances wherein the intake of omega 3 exceeds the recommended 4 grams daily, excessive bleeding happens. This could pose an increased risk for stroke.
Omega 3 supplements are also an option for vegetarians, but you have to get your doctor’s opinion first. As much as possible, obtain your daily dose of omega 3 fatty acids from organic sources, like those mentioned above. Fish is good, but if you are not a big fan, then you should stick to vegetarian omega 3 rich foods.
Check Our Recommended Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements Below:
Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is the purest in the world. It is the freshest available. Even though there are no additives or flavoring to mask rancidity you will not get ‘repeats’ or ‘burping’ because of the freshness. Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil has in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of ‘normal’ fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil. DHA is the most valuable ‘known’ component of fish oil. Xtend-Life’s DHA Fish oil has high levels of DHA, plus an ‘X’ factor you can read about here. If you really want to know, you should click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil...
|Xtend-Life's Omega-3 / DHA Fish Oil Premium will help provide you with the ideal foundation on which youthful, healthy skin can be built, thus naturally improving your appearance from the inside out and complementing natural skin care products which work on the skin’s upper layers as well as the layers just under the skin. Click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil Premium...|
|Xtend Life's Omega 3 QH Ultra protect your heart and increase your energy with Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10. Also receive all the benefits of natural and concentrated omega 3 fish oils. Omega 3 QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs. Click here to read more about Omega 3 QH Ultra...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world.