Often, we reprimand hyperactive children because of their disruptive behavior in school and at home. The thing is– negative reinforcement is seldom the most effective way to address this problem. There are a number of cases when there is an actual medical explanation why he is behaving like he is. These quick and helpful tips on how to deal with hyperactive children can show you a better way to go about this.
1. Deep breathing. Even as adults, we are advised to exercise deep breathing techniques to calm ourselves down-this will work with any age group. Train your child to breathe deeply through his nose and exhale through the mouth when they feel upset at any time of the day.
2. Exercise. Give hyperactive children an appropriate venue to give vent to their seemingly boundless energy. If you feel he is able to cope with it, let him join a team sport that will allow him ample opportunity to interact with other individuals. Also, jogging is a good activity that will calm his mind. The rhythmic pounding of the feet in jogging will help bring the mind in focus.
3. Touch. Physical touch is useful in getting people to calm down-especially those with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Give them a light massage on the temples of their heads or their backs. You can avert riotous behavior by smoothing the child’s hair back. Bear in mind that touch should be a preventative measure. A person suffering from ADHD will get more upset when they are touched in the middle of their tantrum.
4. Journaling. Writing is a form of self-expression that forces one to concentrate and channel one’s energy into constructive thoughts that will pinpoint the source of their irritation. Encourage your child to write in a diary about the events that happened during the day.
5. Expressing oneself through creative outlets. Put together an activity box which contains things that will develop the child’s creative skills. Put in colored markers, crayons, building blocks, clay and problem solving puzzles that will put their mental faculties to good use. Hyper children are actually often smart kids who just need to refocus their mind and energy better.
6. A tranquil environment. Loud and incessant sounds can agitate the already excitable youngster, so choose the programs you let your child watch and regulate their TV time to a minimum. Make use of soothing music and long warm bubble baths to lower their sometimes intense stress levels.
Diet is also a major factor in a hyperactive child’s life. Excessive sugar will only increase his already high level of energy. Eliminating unnecessary sugar like soda and too much candy in his diet will go a long way in keeping him at a more manageable frame of mind.
Learning how to deal with hyperactive children is not an overnight event. It often takes a process with some mistakes along the way. Do what you can and shower him with unconditional love and appropriate attention and ensure a secure and happy child when you do.
Concerned parents and guardians often ask how to deal with hyperactive children in a way that will benefit them the most. Get really helpful strategies experts employ that empower and improve hyperactive children-giving them the best life that you have always wanted for them.
Check Our Recommended Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplements Below:
Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil is the purest in the world. It is the freshest available. Even though there are no additives or flavoring to mask rancidity you will not get ‘repeats’ or ‘burping’ because of the freshness. Xtend-Life’s Omega 3 / DHA Fish Oil has in excess of 2.5 times the anti-inflammatory qualities of ‘normal’ fish oil and more than double the anti-inflammatory qualities of highly concentrated omega 3 fish oil. DHA is the most valuable ‘known’ component of fish oil. Xtend-Life’s DHA Fish oil has high levels of DHA, plus an ‘X’ factor you can read about here. If you really want to know, you should click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil...
|Xtend-Life's Omega-3 / DHA Fish Oil Premium will help provide you with the ideal foundation on which youthful, healthy skin can be built, thus naturally improving your appearance from the inside out and complementing natural skin care products which work on the skin’s upper layers as well as the layers just under the skin. Click here to read more about Omega 3 DHA Fish Oil Premium...|
|Xtend Life's Omega 3 QH Ultra protect your heart and increase your energy with Ubiquinol the active form of CoQ10. Also receive all the benefits of natural and concentrated omega 3 fish oils. Omega 3 QH Ultra is the ultimate solution when it comes to replenishing depleted levels of CoQ10 as a result of aging or even some medicated drugs. Click here to read more about Omega 3 QH Ultra...|
Xtend Life is my favorite health supplements company in the world.