The wonderful benefits of omega 3 fish oil make it an important part of a person’s daily diet. Why should it be a part of everyday diet? Omega 3 is part of the list of the essential nutrients that is needed by the body to achieve maximum wellness. Omega 3 is a fatty acid that is not produced by the body. This means that it has to be taken from a food source. Fruits and vegetables are good sources of omega 3. However, fish meat and fish oil is the most common source of high levels of omega 3.
What are the different benefits of omega 3?
- A famous benefit known by a lot of people is that omega 3 is good for the heart. The fatty acid is known to help in the balance of the body’s prostaglandins. These hormones are known to help regulate the blood pressure levels and help prevent heart disease. It is a fatty acid known to reduce the risk for cardiovascular diseases. Omega 3 also improves heart health.
- Taking omega 3 fatty acids through food intake or through supplements can help lower the levels of triglycerides in the body. This can help prevent the fat from accumulating within the walls of the blood vessels and prevents the possibility of a heart attack. Lowering the bad cholesterol levels of the body can also prevent obesity in both men and women.
- Some people have testified that fish oil have helped them gain more muscle weight and less fat. Weight loss would be easy with a healthy diet paired with omega 3 fish oil. This fatty acid speeds up the fat metabolism of the body.
- The benefits of omega 3 fish oil are deemed important by pregnant women. Why? Omega 3 helps in the brain development of the baby. Plus, it is also a way to keep the pregnant mother and baby’s heart. Pure, good quality fish oil is a good source of omega 3 and other essential nutrients. Some fish meats are known to be contaminated by toxic substances like lead and mercury. A high-quality fish oil supplement will help prevent poisoning.
- This essential fatty acid is known to be an anti-inflammatory substance. When taken, it could prevent further inflammation. People who suffer from years of arthritis can feel a bit of relief from pain. It also prevents the joints from stiffening.
- Fish oil is also good for the skin. Since it has an anti-inflammatory effect, there is a decreased chance of acne breakouts.
- Children with hyperactivity disorder and depression should consume omega 3 fatty acids as it helps in their cognitive function. It also decreases the risk of depression.
Some of the benefits of fish oil have been clinically proven and some are yet to be discovered. However, people using fish oil supplements swear by it. Consumption of fish meat with omega 3 is a sure way to be healthy and maintain wellness. Whether it is from natural sources or supplements, the benefits of omega 3 fish oil are known by people from all around the globe.