Omega 3 fatty acids are considered to be one of the greatest discoveries in the field of health and science. Even though omega 3 has been a part of people’s diet decades ago, it was only during the 1970’s that people realized their importance to health. Consuming large portions of these fatty acids help with the normal metabolism of the body. It also contributes to proper growth and functioning of the body. Indigents living in Greenland have been consuming large amounts of omega 3. They claim that the fatty acids have health benefits. It was not until the year 2004 that these health benefits were legally recognized.
What are the benefits of Omega 3?
- Cancer patients benefit from taking in omega 3 oils. It doesn’t have a direct link to preventing cancer, but it helps improve the quality of life of the patients. A proper intake of fish meat and fish oil rich in omega 3 will improve the appetite and the overall weight. It helps patients maintain their muscle mass.
- People with bouts of depression who take omega 3 rich foods or supplements have shown improvement in their moods. They become livelier and happier.
- Pregnant women need a higher dosage of omega 3 especially since their demands for it increase. The baby benefits the most from the fatty acids. Brain cells respond well to omega 3, thus promoting the development of the baby’s brain and cognitive function.
- Some cardiovascular diseases can be prevented with proper intake of omega 3 fatty acids. Studies show that regular consumption of omega 3 rich foods and supplements can curb cholesterol-induced diseases. It can reduce the occurrence of heart attack.
- Intake can help improve blood circulation and prevents increased blood pressure.
- Omega 3 fish oil provides a promising benefit for children with autism or hyperactivity disorders. Regular and proper intake of the fatty acid can help reduce the symptoms of children suffering from hyperactivity disorders.
- Research suggests that people suffering with joint disorders like rheumatoid arthritis can benefit greatly from intake of omega 3. Omega 3 is a known anti-inflammatory substance, thus reducing arthritic pain.
The benefits of omega 3 fish fatty acids are important. However, over-dosage of omega 3 can also prove to be dangerous and can place people at risk. Here are some side effects of taking excessive fish oil doses:
- Haemorrhage and bleeding leading to stroke
- Increased low-density lipoproteins or LDL levels
- Increased levels of vitamin D leading to toxicity
- Poor control and maintenance of glucose levels in diabetics
- Poisoning due to contaminated fish meat and fish oil with mercury, lead and other toxins
Sources of Omega 3:
- Cod fish/cod liver oil
- Seafood like prawns and shrimps
- Green, leafy vegetables
- Wheat and other cereals
- Lean meat like turkey meat
Omega 3 has so many benefits that have been confirmed by a lot of people who regularly use it. Regular consumption of the fatty acidsproves to be beneficial in the long run. However, take into consideration the adverse effects once omega 3 is taken in excess. Omega 3 fatty acids are healthy and helpful especially when taken in appropriate amounts.
Linoleic acid comes in two forms – that which is quickly extracted from seeds and nuts and form an element of \’Omega-6\’ fatty acid and Conjugated Linoleic Acid often known as CLA that can be found in some dairy foods, red meats and also seafood – although the amounts fluctuate substantially.
This acid can be considered as an essential dietary supplement to our normal dietary requirements as the system can\’t simply convert linoleic acid into the variety that aids growth and development of cell structures. In basic terms CLA is a tool to help us absorb the \’standard form\’ and also to guarantee that it simply isn\’t deposited as physical fat rather than used as an energy resource for the body system to burn via the muscles and tissues. Does that, therefore, mean that we need to eat much more red meats? Not so say lots of the experts on the matter – they see both good and not so great facets of acquiring CLA from animal fats. From the beneficial side having more CLA implies that you are able to transform linoleic acids for use as energy whereas not having ensures it will probably be laid down as body fat. However it can\’t be seen as a miraculous potion with which to lower excess weight and obesity, it must be portion of a very carefully balanced process.
The idea of the claims for CLA derive from a report at the University of Wisconsin which was, initially, focused on the essential distinctions between pasture fed cattle-stock and others in the more predominant \’factory system\’, part of the research was giving CLA on Pigs and it was seen that they grew less fat mass and became more lean. This led onto studies in clinical studies in human beings and much precisely the same was found.
Further research was carried out by PennState University into the probable relationships between CLA and human health and this established that CLA had beneficial effects on a wide variety of human conditions; atherosclerosis, enhancements to the immune system, weight-loss and reduced excess fat levels together with improved bone structure formation. What exactly are uncertain are the claims that CLA features a beneficial impact on cancers and research persists in this field.
It absolutely was fascinating to note that the study incorporated feeding pasture fed cattle with good oil content seeds rich in linoleic acid (sunflower, flax) where the husk was crushed, enhanced the proportions of CLA found in the milk produced.
You want to know more, don\’t hesitate to follow those links Essential Fatty Acid and Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
Commonly referred to as a \’fatty acid\’, linoleic acid is definitely organic compound that exists in several of the accessible veggie and seed oils. Whilst identified in the 1920s the compound wasn\’t synthetically synthesized until the middle of the 1990s.
Linoleic acid is a vital fatty acid that isn\’t and cannot be produced by the body and, consequently, need to be introduced thru eating routine. Essential fatty acids have to be absorbed simply because men and women require them for great health and fitness yet we\’re not able to synthesize them within the body. The word essential fatty acid means ones that are vital for regular, biological processes to happen. Deficiencies in the acid have been related to cardio vascular complications and reduction of stress, there is a small and insubstantial danger; however that it is connected to a greater probability of prostate cancer. It is what is known as a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid and forms portion of cell membranes that make up our systems and without the proper quantities can result in the loss of hair and contribute to slower restoration or healing of wounds.
There are several identified side-effects from having excessive a percentage of fatty acids in your system this resulting in functional disorders just like obesity and weight increase, disturbance of sleep behaviour, some kinds of arthritis and, even though dangers are questioned, to variants of cancer.
Seed oils are the most considerable supply of linoleic acid and, specifically, rapeseed, sunflower, soybean, linseed (also called flax seed) and walnuts are some of the most commonly known. Some can be employed in cooking where they are able to withstand high c.177oC temperatures for a number of hours. This acid is usually integrated in some of the butter replacement spreads like sunflower spread or as cooking oil such as sunflower or sesame seed oils that can be used in salad dressings.
Where utilization of oils and spreads are not obtainable then supplements in tablet or capsule form may very well be taken. Linoleic acid is considered to generally be specifically beneficial in the treatment and reducing of the disabling processes of multiple sclerosis although its part in treatment of progressive MS.
Whereas linoleic acid can be synthesized from plants and it can give rise to some levels of obesity there\’s a form referred to as cla that features a different chemical function when ingested as part of a nutritional procedure – because it can help the decrease in fats accumulated in your system in order to promote muscular development.
For more useful information, you must see Linoleic Acid and Conjugated Linoleic Acid